- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Although Doctors of Chiropractic (DCs) care for more than just back pain, many patients visit DCs ONLY looking for relief from back pain. DCs do so much more!
These are just some of the astounding facts about Americans and their miserable backs!
An Estimated 80% of all Americans Experience Back Problems
Because back problems are so common (80% of us HAVE on any given day) it's probably going to happen to you too! Shouldn't you find out what to do about it before it happens to YOU, rather than after? Why wait until you're hurting to learn about your treatment options?
When you're hurting you may not give this important decision the time and attention it needs to make the best choice.
Here Are the Facts about Manipulation As A Treatment for Back Problems:
Manipulation is one of several established forms of treatment used for back problems. Used primarily by Doctors of Chiropractic (DCs) for the last century, manipulation has been largely ignored by most others in the health care community – until recently. Now, with today's growing emphasis on treatment and cost effectiveness, manipulation is receiving much more widespread attention. In fact, after an extensive study of all currently available care for low back problems, the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research— a federal government research organization— recommended that low back pain suffers “choose the most conservative care first.” And, it recommended spinal manipulation as the ONLY safe and effective, DRUGLESS form of initial professional treatment for acute low back problems in adults!
Yes – Chiropractic manipulation (also frequently called the chiropractic adjustment), is the form of manipulation that has been most extensively used by Americans for the last one hundred years (100 years)!
Satisfied chiropractic patients already know that DCs are uniquely trained and experienced in diagnosing back problems and are the doctors most skilled in using manipulation for the treatment of back pain and related disorders.
To learn MORE about the federal government’s recommendations for informed choices about your back care, see the references* at the end of this article.
Have You Been Injured in An Auto Accident or Commercial Vehicle Accident or had a Slip & Fall? Call us at 702.614.8778.
WE CAN HELP:
● Assess minor to major injuries – from sprains to whiplash or even more serious injuries.
● Assist you in getting the legal advice you may need.
1. Jensen M, Brant-Zawadzki M, Obuchowski N, et al. Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Lumbar Spine in People Without Back Pain. N Engl J Med 1994; 331: 69-116.
2. Vallfors B. Acute, Subacute and Chronic Low Back Pain: Clinical Symptoms, Absenteeism and Working Environment. Scan J Rehab Med Suppl 1985; 11: 1-98.
3. Finding from a national study conducted for the American Chiropractic Association. Risher P. Americans' Perception of Practitioners and Treatments for Back Problems. Louis Harris and Associates, Inc. New York: August, 1994.
4. This total represents only the more readily identifiable costs for medical care, workers compensation payments and time lost from work. It does not include costs associated with lost personal income due to acquired physical limitation resulting from a back problem and lost employer productivity due to employee medical absence. In Project Briefs: Back Pain Patient Outcomes Assessment Team (BOAT). In MEDTEP Update, Vol. 1 Issue 1, Agency for Health Care Policy and Research, Rockville, MD, Summer 1994.
5. In Vallfors B, previously cited.
6. Bigos S, Bowyer O, Braen G, et al. Acute Low Back Problems in Adults. Clinical Practice Guideline No. 14. AHCPR Publication No. 95-0642. Rockville, MD: Agency for Health Care Policy and Research, Public Health Service, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, December, 1994.
7. The RAND Corporation reported from its analysis of spinal manipulation research literature that 94% of all spinal manipulation is performed by chiropractors, 4% by osteopaths, and the remainder by medical doctors.
8. In Risher P, previously cited.
Sign up using the form or call 702-614-8778 to make your appointment.
I highly recommend ACE Chiropractic. Clean, friendly atmosphere, and Dr. Bozman is a very kind, gentle, caring soul. Take a 360 degree interactive virtual tour of his office today by visiting Google maps.